The Bandit VXL expands the Extreme Sports Buggy™ legacy with more power than you ever thought possible. The Velineon Brushless Power System® accelerates into the stratosphere with jet-like thrust and incredible 70+mph top speed!* Traxxas Stability Management® keeps it under control with arrow straight acceleration and sure-footed stopping power. The Bandit VXL is a low-slung, lightweight speed machine that's rocket fast on pavement and rips incredible roost off-road. Bandit VXL is a driver's machine that will put your skills to the test with its mind-blowing top speed and lightning quick handling response.
QUICK FEATURES ON BANDIT VXL (#24076-4)
- Traxxas Stability Management
- TQi 2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver
- Waterproof Electronics
- Traxxas High-Current Connector
- Maxx® Cable 12-Gauge Wiring
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
- Precision Steel Turnbuckles with Heavy-Duty Rod Ends
- Metric Hex Hardware
- Steel Transmission Gears
- Battery and Charger Sold Separately
Traxxas Stability Management®
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) lets you experience the Bandit’s extreme power, speed, and acceleration by making it much easier to control on slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Go ahead, punch it off the line! TSM senses the vehicle’s direction and makes steering corrections to provide full throttle acceleration without fishtailing or spinouts. When cornering, TSM intuitively corrects the vehicle’s line for faster exit speeds. TSM even improves braking by keeping the buggy arrow straight until you reach a complete stop. TSM does all this without intruding on driving fun or introducing unexpected side effects. TSM can be fine-tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas Link app. Drive faster and have more fun with TSM. You may not even realize how much it is helping until you try to drive without it.
Proven, Class-Leading Velineon Brushless Power
The Velineon brushless motor and electronic speed control (ESC) work together as an optimized package to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Bandit VXL, your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer (LiPo) packs. These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 70mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s™ ESC helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
Traxxas Stability Management
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) makes it possible to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into Traxxas models by making it much easier to control the vehicle on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain the vehicle’s line, then hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep Traxxas trucks arrow straight until they come to a complete stop. Traxxas TSM gives all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on driving fun or introducing unexpected side effects that can be found on other systems such as drastically reduced turning radius, braking assistance that times out (quits), throttle restrictions, and an overall disconnected driving feel. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas Link app. The result is driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun. In fact, the driver may not even realize how much TSM is helping until it is turned off and their driving skills are tested without it! (click here for more details)
- TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
- TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
- TSM works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of the spinning front tires continues to “steer” when the vehicle is in the air
- TSM dramatically improves braking performance, preventing spinouts
- TSM allows faster cornering speeds
- TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
- TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
- TSM works invisibly in the background
- The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
- The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable
- TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
- TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
- TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions.
The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race® Radio System
Total Control. Traxxas models deserve the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race® radio system. The radio system is the sole connection between the driver and machine. It has to be precise, comfortable, powerful, and reliable. The all-new Traxxas® TQi™ radio system arrives with a full complement of tuning features; long-range, high-output, 2.4GHz signal, and proven Traxxas reliability for rock-solid performance. It's so advanced; it doesn't even need an external antenna.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi's most important feature may already be in your pocket. Equip the TQi with a Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) and turn your Android, iPad® iPhone® or iPod touch® (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link™ App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that optimizes your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model. The Traxxas Link Application is available on Google Play and the App Store.
5-channel Micro Receiver with Fail-Safe Security
The TSM TQi 2.4GHz micro receiver with fits easily into any vehicle, and features dual channel-1 outputs for easy installation in vehicles with dual steering servos—no Y-harness necessary! The integrated LINK button makes it fast and easy to bind the receiver, and the two-color LED indicates power-on and bind status for fool-proof control and convenience. Traxxas Link Model Memory allows the receiver to recognize up to thirty TQi 2.4Ghz Traxxas Link enabled transmitters—just switch on and drive. In the event of signal loss due to an accidental switch-off or depleted batteries, the receiver will automatically return the throttle to neutral and hold the last commanded steering position. The Fail Safe programming is built-in and does not need to be set or activated. Three telemetry ports are incorporated in the 5-channel receiver to allow real-time data to be transmitted from your Traxxas model to the TQi transmitter.
Patented Sealed Watertight Receiver Box
Bandit VXL's receiver is fully enclosed to protect it from the elements. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special watertight seal and a custom blue O-ring seals the receiver box to protect the receiver from water. The receiver can be removed for service and aftermarket receivers can be installed without losing the sealing properties of the box.
Velineon® VXL-3s ESC
- Innovative waterproof design
- Three Programmable
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- Integrated on/off switch
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- Large heat sink
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
- Built-in two-stage low-voltage detection for LiPo batteries.
- NiCad and NiMH battery packs: 4-9 cells (4.8 to 10.8 volts)
- LiPo battery packs: 2-3 cells (7.4 to 11.1 volts)
Velineon® 3500 Brushless Motor
- Ultra high-temperature sintered Neodymium magnets
- Optimized for power and efficiency in 1/10th scale vehicles
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Protective end cap
- 10-Turn, 3500kV
- Hex hardware
- Brilliant blue-anodizing finish
- Silicon steel laminations
- Delivers more power than comparable brushed motors
Maxx Cable 12-Gauge Wire
This super-flexible, high-current, low-resistance 12-gauge, wire flows energy in and out of the electronic speed control for maximum performance. The Traxxas Connector combines with Maxx cable to extract all the power your battery can supply.
Bandit VXL uses pro-quality, high-grade, metric hex-drive hardware for extra strength, and easy maintenance and repair. The black-oxide rust-resistant finish provides a high tech look and feel.
Rubber-Sealed Ball Bearings
Precision 5x11mm rubber-sealed bearings offer super low-friction performance and maximum protection in dirty environments. They are used in all exposed locations on the truck and provide virtually maintenance free reliability.
Heavy-Duty Hub Carriers & Steering Blocks
Bandit VXL features all new ball bearing front steering blocks and rear hub carriers. They utilize large 5x11mm ball bearings for long-term performance, smooth operation, and increased durability.
Adjustable Steel Turnbuckles
Factory fitted, heavy-duty steel turnbuckles allow camber and toe tuning. Bandit VXL is completely adjustable right out of the box to fine tune handling agility and high-speed performance. Captured rod ends provide unmatched durability and won't pop off.
Tires and Wheels
Bandit VXL comes with stylish 2.2" Tracer™ black-chrome five-spoke wheels. Performance-designed Alias™ 2.2" rear tires feature a step-pin design and come pre-glued from the factory. Alias™ ribbed front tires offer superior directional control. The tire combination provides sure-footed traction on a variety of off-road terrains. The industry standard 2.2" Tracer wheels allow for a wide array of accessory tires to be installed, including the Traxxas Anaconda 2.2" street tires for Bandit and other buggies. The look is unmistakeable.
Anaconda 2.2" Tires (sold separately)
Transform your Bandit VXL into a menacing street machine with available Anaconda 2.8" street treads. These sticky, high-traction tires provide aggressive handling on paved surfaces. The Anaconda tires’ large tread blocks provide incredible grip and long-wearing performance. Buy them pre-glued and ready to install for instant on-road action.
Torque-Control™ Slipper Clutch
The Torque-Control slipper clutch utilizes special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent yet adjustable traction control. The semi-metallic friction material remains stable across a wide temperature range to provide smooth, linear engagement you can count on. Spur gears can be removed and replaced without altering the slipper adjustment.
Included Optional Pinion Gear
The Bandit VXL reaches a scorching 70+mph top speed using an optional 33-tooth pinion gear and a 3-cell 11.1V Lithium-polymer battery pack (sold separately). Out of the box, the installed 26-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, on or off-road action. Installing the included optional 28-tooth pinion gear opens the door to 60+mph speeds.
Magnum 272™ Transmission
The Bandit VXL's Magnum 272 transmission features all metal gear internals riding on ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings. Combined with the smooth 48-pitch gears, power transfers quietly to the durable telescoping U-joint driveshafts. The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks.
Planetary Gear Differential
The composite Traxxas planetary gear differential features a steel ring gear with a nylon housing for long life. Hardened steel internal gears provide maximum strength for rigorous off-road bashing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding torque to the wheels.
Drive Yokes with Telescopic Driveshafts
Bandit VXL’s drive yokes provide maximum durability to withstand the extreme power of the Velineon Brushless Power System. The slider driveshafts are extremely durable and allow greater articulation for increased suspension travel.
Powder Coated White Springs
White springs feature a race-tuned spring rate for more responsive handling and the long-lasting, white powder coated finish sets Bandit VXL apart from the pack.
The low-profile, aggressive Bandit VXL body comes fully trimmed and painted with pre-applied decals to get you driving just minutes out of the box. Traxxas' ProGraphix bodies are the hottest looking bodies around and are only available on Traxxas Ready-to-Race® models.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
A race buggy needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. A Traxxas digital high-torque, ball bearing steering servo (#2075) comes standard for precise control, quick response, and unmatched torque—all in a waterproof case. It has over 50% more torque than the standard Bandit's 2056 servo and is 25% faster! That's 125 oz-in torque, 0.16-second speed!
Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks™
Bandit VXL's oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to precisely change the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive rebuild kits.
High-performance bellcrank steering system minimizes bump steer to increase cornering stability.
Suspension Tie Bar
The composite tie bar strengthens the front bulkhead and suspension arms for increased durability.
BANDIT VXL (#24076-4) SPECS
- Length: 16.25" (413mm)
- Front Track: 9.84" (250mm)
- Rear Track: 9.84" (250mm)
- Weight: 48oz (1.36 kg)
- Height (overall): 7" (178mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.25" (286mm)
- Front Shock Length: Long
- Rear Shock Length: XX-Long
- Front Tires (Pre-Glued): Alias™ Ribbed 2.2"
- Rear Tires (Pre-Glued): Alias™ Step-Pin 2.2"
- Front Wheels: 2.2" Black-Chrome (Tracer™)
- Rear Wheels: 2.2" Black-Chrome (Tracer™)
- Electronic Speed Control: VXL-3s™ Electronic Speed Control
- Motor (electric): Velineon® 3500 Brushless
- Gear Ratio (Internal): 2.72 (Final Drive: 7.97)
- Differential Type: Planetary Steel Gear
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Transmission: Magnum 272™
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Chassis Type: Modified Tub
- Chassis Material: Fiber-Composite
- Radio System (Transmitter): TQi™ 2.4GHz (2-Channel)
- Radio System (Receiver) Traxxas Stability Management® (#6533)
- Top-Speed: 70+MPH**
- Skill Level: 2
- *Battery Tray Dimensions: 139mm x 47.5mm x 28mm
- Required Items: NiMH or LiPo Battery, Charger, 4 "AA" Batteries (Transmitter)
- *Battery expansion kit available (#3725X)
- **With 3S LiPo battery and optional 33-tooth pinion gear (sold separately)
- Bandit VXL (#24076-4) Overhead Chassis
VXL-3s WATERPROOF ESC SPECIFICATIONS
- Input Voltage: NiMH 4-9 Cells (4.8 to 10.8 Volts DC);
- LiPo 2-3 Cells (7.4 to 11.1 Volts DC)
- Case Size: 39mmW x 55mmD x 33mmH
- Weight: 90 grams
- Motor Limit (Brushless): No motor limit
- On Resistance Forward: 0.00075 Ohms
- On Resistance Reverse: 0.00075 Ohms
- BEC Voltage: 6.0 V
- BEC Current: 2.5A
- Power Wire: 12-Gauge Maxx® Cable
- Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 100mm
- Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
- Thermal Protection: 2-Stage thermal shutdown
- Profile selection: Sport Mode:
- 100% FWD, 100% BRAKES, 100% REV
- Race Mode:
- 100% FWD, 100% BRAKES, NO REV
- Training Mode:*
- 50% FWD, 100% BRAKES, 50% REV
- Single-Button Setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
- Battery Input Connector : Traxxas High-Current Connector
- Motor Types : Brushless
- Ports: RX Input, auxiliary fan