· NEW 4amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
· NEW Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iDTM
· Maxx® Cable 12-gauge wire
· ProGraphix® multi-colored painted body is available in four officially licensed (paint and graphics) race replica versions: Mark Jenkins (Traxxas® #25), Chad Hord Edition (BOSS Snowplow #9), Robby Gordon (SPEED Energy #7) and Traxxas Blue Race Edition (Traxxas #1)
· Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
· The Slash reaches speeds in excess of 30mph using the included optional 23-tooth pinion gear*
· Powerful Titan® 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan
· Race in dirt, mud, water, and snow thanks to Traxxas' innovative water-sealed electronics
· TQ 2.4GHz transmitter
· XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
· Innovative watersealed design
· High current handling
· Smooth high-frequency control
· EZ-Set® push-button setup
· Thermal shutdown protection
· LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
· Integrated on-off button
· Three easy-to-program drive profiles
· High efficiency MOSFET transistors
· Equipped with Traxxas High-Current Connectors (patented)
· Backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty
· Traxxas High-Current Connector (patented)
· Digital high-torque waterproof steering servo
· 125 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second speed
· O-ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
· Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
· Long-wheelbase fiber-composite monocoque chassis
· 13.2 inch wheelbase
· Over 3.5 inches of ground clearance
· Easy access battery compartment
· Adjustable battery hold down accepts 6- and 7-cell flat packs and 7-cell hump packs
· Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
· Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
· Body mounts incorporate reinforced washers for additional body support
· Efficient Magnum 272™ metal-gear transmission with ball bearings
· Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
· Revo®-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
· External gear cover with easy slipper access
· Reliable composite planetary gear differential with a steel ring gear
· Heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
· Adjustable steel Jato®-Style turnbuckles and captured rod ends
· Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
· Precision hex hardware throughout
· Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
· Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
· Progressive rate white powder coated shock springs feature a race-tuned responsive spring rate
· The tires include performance foam inserts and they come pre-glued on satin-finish 2.2" Slash wheels
· Slash is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
Designed and engineered by Traxxas, the XL-5 Electronic Speed Control handles the elements while smoothly supplying power to the motor. This high-performance ESC is packed with impressive specifications that are normally only found on more expensive high-end replacement units. The XL-5 features a completely waterproof design, three throttle profiles, low voltage detection, Thermal Shutdown Protection, 4-7 cell NiMH and 2-cell LiPo compatibility, and built-in BEC. High frequency operation combined with ultra-low resistance make the XL-5 an efficient and ultra-smooth fully proportional speed control. An exclusive feature on the XL-5 is the patented Training Mode™. This profile reduces the overall power output of the XL-5 by 50% making it easier for young or new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation. The XL-5 is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support.
Innovative watersealed design
Three Drive Profiles
· Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
· Race Mode - Forward / Brake
· Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
· 12-Turn motor limit for 550 size motors
· 15-Turn motor limit for 540 size motors
· Integrated on/off switch
· Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
· LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
· High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor
The Slash includes a powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan. The Titan's over-sized armature (30% larger compared to 540-sized armatures) is equipped with 12-turns of pure copper wire for big torque and increased power-handling capabilities. Lower running temperatures are achieved with the integrated cooling fan. The Titan 12T requires very little maintenance and is designed for consistent torque and high speeds from run to run, without fading.
Beyond the specs, the Titan 12T is made for dirt-roosting torque, lightning-quick acceleration, big-air jumps, and just about any other 4-wheel fun that demands real horsepower. Be sure to check out the videos to see it in action!
Precision 2.4GHz Control
With the TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on a drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ's ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage.
Traxxas 4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger!
Slash includes a 4-amp peak detecting charger for quick, convenient, hassle-free charging. The charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for charging in the field. The brilliant LED provides charging status while the battery charges. The peak-detecting charger is optimized for charging Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery packs. Just plug the included Power Cell battery in for a perfect charge, run after run.
Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery with iD™!
(7-Cell Flat, Sub-C, 3000mAh)Slash includes a genuine iD-equipped Power Cell NiMH battery to make sure you experience all the performance that's been engineered into your Traxxas model. Accessory Traxxas iD chargers (sold separately) auto-detect Traxxas iD Power Cell batteries and automatically set and optimize charge settings for unmatched charging safety and simplicity. Power Cell packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas' high-output, gold plated, patented, High-Current Connectors. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the Traxxas Power Cell package. For even greater speed and runtime, a full line of optional Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH and LiPo batteries are available. Power Cell batteries are Traxxas certified to maximize the performance and speed engineered into every Traxxas vehicle.
Traxxas High-Current Connectors
The patented Traxxas High-Current Connectors are designed to handle high-current applications and funnel maximum power to your vehicle's electronics. Traxxas High-Current Connectors let you get the quickest, safest charge for your battery so you can unleash the maximum power and runtime for your Traxxas vehicle.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
A race truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. The waterproof steering servo (#2075) uses O-ring seals to keep the fun going when things get wet. The Traxxas digital high-torque servo provides precise steering authority and speed for wheel-to-wheel racing in the back yard or on the track.
Sealed Receiver BoxSealed Watertight Receiver Box
A ground-breaking new sealed receiver box is another Traxxas innovation that puts the Traxxas Slash Short-Course Truck in a league of its own. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special water-tight seal. A custom blue O-ring seals the receiver box to protect the receiver from water. The receiver can be removed for service and aftermarket receivers can be installed without losing the sealing properties of the box. An aluminum antenna crimp nut looks good and holds the antenna tube securely in place. Patent pending.
Securely Mounted Electronics
The ESC, receiver, and steering servo are screwed to the chassis for ultimate mounting security. There's no servo tape to loosen over time from dirt, heat, water, and collisions.
3.5-inches Ground Clearance and Long-Wheelbase Chassis
Designed from the ground up, the Slash chassis features a 13.2" wheelbase while offering over 3.5 inches inches of ground clearance. The chassis includes drain holes and a battery tray channel for routing servo wires to the receiver. Optional electronic speed control mounting bosses are incorporated into the chassis, making it easy to upgrade to the Extreme Power of the Velineon Brushless Power System. For race track competition, a transponder mount is located under the front shock tower when every second counts.
Adjustable Battery Hold Down
The unique chassis design allows the use of 6-cell stick or side-by-side style battery packs and 7-cell stick, side-by-side, and hump battery packs for unmatched versatility. The extended chassis enables the various battery packs to be positioned forward or backward for front/rear weight bias tuning. An optional battery hold down kit is available for use with oversized batteries.
Chassis Nerf Bars and New Body Mounts
Integrated chassis nerf bars offer side body support for door to door racing action. Ruggedly designed body mounts incorporate reinforced washers to support the short course truck body during big-air jumps and high-speed runs.
Scale Front and Rear Bumpers
Engineered to handle the abuse of bumper to bumper bashing, the scale tube-style bumpers are designed to absorb brutal impacts while looking the part of a true short course race truck.
SCT Chrome Wheels & Tires (red beadlocks)
Slash Short Course Tires
Realistic looks, realistic performance. Slash's tires have excellent grip in the dirt and just the right amount of slide on pavement and are mounted and pre-glued on impressive 2.2" wheels.
Adjustable Steel Turnbuckles
Factory fitted, heavy-duty steel turnbuckles allow camber and toe tuning. The Slash is completely adjustable right out of the box to fine tune handling agility and high-speed performance. Captured rod ends provide unmatched durability and they simply won't pop off.
Metal Gear Magnum 272™ Transmission
The Slash's Magnum 272 transmission is assembled with all metal gear internals riding on ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings. Combined with the smooth 48-pitch gears, power is delivered to the rear wheels via durable telescoping U-joint driveshafts for maximum efficiency and articulation. The bulletproof Torque-Control slipper clutch and metal gear Magnum transmission are ready to handle any power system upgrade including the Extreme Power of the Velineon Brushless Power System.
Steel-Composite Planetary Gear Differential
The composite Traxxas planetary gear differential features a steel ring gear with a nylon housing for long life. It uses hardened steel internal gears for maximum strength during rigorous off-road bashing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding torque to the wheels.
Revo-spec Torque-Control Slipper Clutch
Advanced Revo technology is utilized to manage the massive power from the Titan 12T motor. The Torque-Control slipper clutch uses special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent traction control. The semi-metallic friction material remains stable across a wide temperature range to provide smooth, linear engagement you can count on, run after run. Spur gears can be removed and replaced without altering the slipper adjustment.
Motor Mount with Integrated Cooling Channels
The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks. The molded motor plate includes finned cooling channels where the motor mounts to the motor plate. The cooling channels work in conjunction with the internal Titan 12T motor fan to pull air through the motor for superior cooling.
Heavy-Duty Yokes with Telescopic Driveshafts
The Slash features heavy-duty drive yokes which are designed to provide maximum durability to withstand extreme power. The slider driveshafts are extremely durable, and they allow greater articulation for increased suspension travel.
The Slash reaches its blistering 30+mph top speed on-road using the optional 23-tooth pinion gear (included). Out of the box, the installed 19-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, on- or off-road action.
Pro-quality, high-grade, metric hex-drive hardware is used throughout for extra strength, and easy maintenance and repair. The black-oxide rust-resistant finish provides a high tech look and feel.
Heavy-Duty Hub Carriers & Steering Blocks
The Slash features heavy-duty ball bearing front steering blocks and rear hub carriers. They utilize large 5x11mm ball bearings for long-term precision performance, smooth operation, and increased durability.
Rubber-Sealed Ball BearingsRubber-Sealed Ball Bearings
Precision rubber-sealed bearings offer the ultimate in super low-friction performance and maximum protection in dusty environments. They are used in all exposed locations on the truck and are virtually maintenance free.
Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks
The Slash's oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to precisely change the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive rebuild kits.
Progressive Rate Powder Coated White Springs
The race-tuned progressive rate springs soak up the small bumps as a softer spring would, but when the conditions get rough and the jumps get big, the progressive rate springs step up to the challenge by getting firmer as the suspension is compressed. The long-lasting, white powder coated finish sets the Slash apart from the pack.
High-performance bellcrank steering system minimizes bump steer to increase cornering stability.
(2014)Race Replica ProGraphix Painted Bodies
No need for a paint or sticker session; Slash rolls out of the box ready for action with a factory-finished and mounted ProGraphix body and decals already applied for you, so its Ready-to-Race®. Traxxas Slash Prographix bodies are available in race replica versions: Mark Jenkins Edition (Traxxas® #25), Rob MacCacharen Edition (Traxxas® #21), Chad Hord Edition (BOSS Snowplow #9), & Robby Gordon Edition (SPEED Energy #7).
SLASH (#58034-1) SPECS
· Length 22.36 inches (568mm)
· Front Track 11.65 inches (296mm)
· Rear Track 11.65 inches (296mm)
· Weight 76.2oz (2.16kg)
· Height (overall) 8.425 inches (214mm)
· Wheelbase 13.2 inches (335mm)
· Front Shock Length Long
· Rear Shock Length XXLong
· Front Tires Traxxas SCT 2.2"
· Rear Tires Traxxas SCT 2.2"
· Front Wheels 2.2" Satin-Finish
· Rear Wheels 2.2" Satin-Finish
· Speed Control Type Waterproof XL-5 ESC
· Motor (electric) Titan® 12T 550 (12-turn)
· Gear Ratio (internal) 2.72 (final drive: 12.58)
· Differential Type Steel Composite Planetary
· Gear Pitch 48-Pitch
· Transmission Metal Gear Magnum 272™
· Steering Bellcrank
· Chassis Type Modified Tub
· Chassis Material Composite Nylon
· Center Ground Clearance 3.5 inches (89mm)
· Top Speed 30+mph*
· Skill Level 1
· Radio System TQ™ 2.4GHz (2-channel)
· Included Charger Traxxas 4ampDC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
· Included Batteries Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iDTM
· Required Batteries 4 "AA" (transmitter)
· XL-5 (WATERPROOF) ESC SPECIFICATIONS
· Input voltage: 4-7 Cells NiMH, 2-Cell (2S) LiPo
· Case Size: 1.23"W x 2.18"D x 0.61" H
· Weight: 2.44 Ounce
· Motor Limit: 15-turns** (540 Size)
· 12-turns** (550 Size)
· On Resistance Forward: 0.007 Ohms
· On Resistance Reverse: 0.014 Ohms
· Peak Current - Forward: 100A
· Peak Current - Reverse: 60A
· Braking Current: 60A
· Continuous Current: 14A
· BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
· BEC Current: 1A
· Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 5"
· Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 9"
· Transistor Type: MOSFET
· PWM Frequency: 1600 Hz
· Low Voltage Detection (LVD): 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
· Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
· Profile selection: Sport Mode:
· 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV
· Race Mode:
· 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV
· Training Mode:*
· 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV
· Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set