This Slash VXL is hard-loaded for ultimate performance and realism with the Traxxas On-Board Audio, new Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) and a low-CG chassis. Traxxas On-Board Audio delivers the full short course experience with the powerful and loud sound of a 900 horsepower engine ripping through the gears. While TSM and the Low CG chassis combine for a whole new level of speed and precision behind the while.
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) allows you to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into the Slash VXL by making it much easier to control on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full-throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain your line, and then allowing you to hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep you arrow straight until you come to a complete stop. TSM acts as your on-board co-pilot in the vehicle that “feels” what the vehicle is doing and makes corrections for vehicle movements that you cannot even detect, well before the vehicle gets out of control.
Traxxas TSM gives you all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on your driving fun. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting your throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas link app. The result is that you are driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun,with that fully connected feeling at the controls that you expect. In fact, you may not even realize how much TSM is helping you until you turn it off and test your driving skills without it!
· NEW! Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)
· NEW! Low-CG Chassis
· NEW! Traxxas On-Board Audio System
· ProGraphix multi-colored painted body are available in four officially licensed (paint and graphics) race replica versions: Mike Jenkins (Traxxas® #47), Traxxas® Red Replica, Traxxas® Blue Replica and Traxxas® White Replica
· Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
· The Slash VXL reaches speeds in excess of 40mph using the included optional pinion gear
· Powered by the Velineon Brushless Power System
· Traxxas iD-Equipped High-Current Connector (patent pending) allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
· Maxx Cable 12-gauge wire
· Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
· LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
· Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
· Race Mode – Forward / Brake
· Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
· Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
· Consistent, high-power output, run after run
· Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
· Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
· Precision-balanced rotor
· TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
· Compatible with optional TQi Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511) to access full Traxxas Link app functionality
· Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
· Multi-Function knob
· Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
· Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
· Adjustable steering and throttle end points
· High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
· TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (#6518) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
· Race in dirt, mud, water, and snow thanks to Traxxas’ innovative waterproof electronics
· Digital high-torque waterproof steering servo
· 125 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second speed
· O-ring sealed watertight receiver box
· Speed control, receiver, and steering servo are securely fastened to chassis
· Long-wheelbase fiber-composite chassis
· 13.2 inch wheelbase
· Easy access battery compartment
· Adjustable battery hold down accepts 6- and 7-cell flat packs and 7-cell hump packs
· Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
· Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
· Body mounts incorporate reinforced washers for additional body support
· Efficient Magnum 272™ metal-gear transmission with ball bearings
· Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
· Revo-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
· External gear cover with easy slipper access
· Reliable composite planetary gear differential with a steel ring gear
· Heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
· Heavy-duty 4mm steel turnbuckles and captured rod ends
· Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
· Precision hex hardware throughout
· Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
· Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
· Progressive rate white powder coated shock springs feature a race-tuned responsive spring rate
· Dual-bellcrank steering with integrated servo saver
· Heavy-duty telescoping universal-joint driveshafts, built for brushless power
· New brushless-specific suspension sttings for enhanced high-speed handling and stability
· ProGraphix painted race replica bodies
· Slash VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) makes it possible to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into Traxxas models by making it much easier to control the vehicle on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead fullthrottle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain the vehicle’s line, then hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep Traxxas trucks arrow straight until they come to a complete stop. Traxxas TSM gives all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on driving fun or introducing unexpected side effects that can be found on other systems such as drastically reduced turning radius, braking assistance that times out (quits), throttle restrictions, and an overall disconnected driving feel. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas Link app. The result is driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun. In fact, the driver may not even realize how much TSM is helping until it is turned off and their driving skills are tested without it!
Everything is waterproof and Traxxas-tough as you’d expect. This is short course performance on a whole new level!
· TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
· TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
· TSM works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of the spinning front tires continues to “steer” when the vehicle is in the air
· TSM dramatically improves braking performance, preventing the vehicle from spinning out
· TSM allows faster cornering speeds
· TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
· TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
· TSM works invisibly in the background
· The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
· The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable •TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
· TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
· TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions.
On-Board Audio (OBA)
The On-Board Audio System uses sound that has been sampled from Traxxas team trucks, including the Traxxas Pro 4 short course truck driven by Traxxas' Mike Jenkins. The ON/OFF button and volume controls let you adjust the system settings, stealth mode to wide-open. The system uses a minimal amount of power from the battery so your runtime is not compromised. The intuitive sounds respond to throttle input from the transmitter. Cruise around or rip full-throttle to hear the difference in engine RPM. If you're stopped for more than 10 seconds, the engine will shut off. Just tap the throttle to hear the engine fire back up! Use the rocker switch on the included 3-channel transmitter to shift to "neutral" and hear the engine revving. Flip the switch, and launch back into racing.
Now Equipped with Low-CG Chassis
The battery and electronics are held as deep in the chassis as possible to position weight low in the chassis. Arrow-straight, hard-charging acceleration with Extreme Brushless Power requires a chassis that won't flex under load. To offer the necessary rigidity, the chassis is reinforced and optimized for the loads imparted by the suspension and powertrain. The low-CG design dramatically increases corner speed and stability no matter where you drive. On the racecourse or in the backyard, Slash VXL's low center of gravity allows high-output Velineon brushless power to be channeled for superior traction, resulting in harder launches and faster action.
Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
The Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor is precision-matched for use in the Slash VXL, delivering the perfect balance of brutal horsepower and efficiency. The sensorless design works with the sophisticated circuitry in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control for smooth starts and precise control, without the need for additional sensors and wiring. Since there are no brushes or commutator to cause friction and wear, Velineon brushless power is always full of muscle, run after run.
3355R VXL-3s Waterproof ESC
The Velineon VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy operation that gives you all the control you need for maximum fun. Quickly choose from 3 drive profiles in exactly the same manner as other Traxxas electronic speed controls (such as the XL-5). Profiles include: Sport, Race, and Training Mode (patented). Training Mode™ limits full-throttle power to 50% allowing young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unleashing the full-throttle capability of the Velineon system. Slash VXL's performance can be tailored for drivers of any age and experience. High-frequency transistors and advanced circuit design deliver incredibly smooth and refined throttle control. High-current capacity (320 amps peak) and two-stage thermal protection frees you from motor limits.
The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race Radio System
TQi 2.4GHz (#6529 - Wireless-Enabled) Compatible with Traxxas Link Wireless Module (3-Ch)Traxxas Slash VXL is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The all-new Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology—but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
TQi Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511) - (installed)The TQi's most important new feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with an Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) that turns your Android, iPad iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model. The Traxxas Link Application is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Traxxas High-Current Connector
The patented Traxxas High-Current Connectors are designed to handle high-current applications and funnel maximum power to your vehicle’s electronics. Traxxas High-Current Connectors let you get the quickest, safest charge for your battery so you can unleash the maximum power and runtime for your Traxxas vehicle.
Maxx Cable 12-Gauge Wire
This super-flexible, high-current, low-resistance 12-gauge, wire acts like a series of giant pipes, flowing energy in and out of the electronic speed control. The patented Traxxas Connector combined with Maxx cable is a better engineered solution for extracting all the power your battery has to give.
Sealed Watertight Receiver Box
Slash VXL's receiver is fully enclosed for protection from the elements. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special watertight seal, and a custom blue O-ring seals the receiver box to protect the receiver from water. The receiver can be removed for service and aftermarket receivers can be installed without losing the sealing properties of the box. Patent pending.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
A race truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. The waterproof steering servo (#2075) uses O-ring seals to keep the fun going when things get wet. The Traxxas digital high-torque servo provides precise steering authority and speed for wheel-to-wheel racing in the back yard or on the track.
New Dual-Bellcrank Steering With Integrated Servo Saver
Originally developed for Slash 4X4, the Slash VXL's steering bellcranks feature optimized geometry and a cam-type servo-saver to protect the servo's gears from crash damage without compromising steering precision.
New Heavy-Duty Driveshafts
Brutal brushless horsepower would stress ordinary drivetrain components to their limits, so Slash VXL steps up with new, extra-strong telescoping universal-joint driveshafts. In combination with Slash VXL's Brushless Ready steel-gear transmission, the result is a Traxxas-tough driveline that makes certain every watt of Velineon power is transformed into rocket-like thrust.
Securely Mounted Electronics
The ESC, receiver, and steering servo are screwed to the chassis for ultimate mounting security. There's no servo tape to loosen over time from dirt, heat, water, and collisions.
Adjustable Battery Hold Down
The unique chassis design allows the use of 6-cell stick or side-by-side style battery packs and 7-cell stick, side-by-side, and hump battery packs for unmatched versatility. The extended chassis enables the various battery packs to be positioned forward or backward for front/rear weight bias tuning. An optional battery hold down kit is available for use with oversized batteries.
Chassis Nerf Bars and New Body Mounts
Integrated chassis nerf bars offer side body support for door to door racing action. The body mounts incorporate reinforced washers to support the short course truck body during big-air jumps and high-speed runs.
Rubber-Sealed Ball BearingsRubber-Sealed Ball Bearings
Precision rubber-sealed bearings offer the ultimate in super low-friction performance and maximum protection in dusty environments. They are used in all exposed locations on the truck and are virtually maintenance free.
Adjustable Steel Turnbuckles
Factory fitted, heavy-duty steel turnbuckles allow camber and toe tuning. The Slash VXL is completely adjustable right out of the box to fine tune handling agility and high-speed performance. Captured rod ends provide unmatched durability and they simply won't pop off.
Steel-Composite Planetary Gear Differential
The composite Traxxas planetary gear differential now features a steel ring gear with a nylon housing for long life. It uses hardened steel internal gears for maximum strength during rigorous off-road bashing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding torque to the wheels.
Revo-spec Torque-Control Slipper Clutch
Advanced Revo technology is utilized to manage the massive power from the Velineon brushless motor. The Torque-Control slipper clutch uses special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent traction control. The semi-metallic friction material remains stable across a wide temperature range to provide smooth, linear engagement you can count on, run after run. Spur gears can be removed and replaced without altering the slipper adjustment.
Heavy-Duty Hub Carriers & Steering Blocks
The Slash VXL features heavy-duty ball bearing front steering blocks and rear hub carriers. They utilize large 5x11mm ball bearings for long-term precision performance, smooth operation, and increased durability.
Progressive Rate Powder Coated White Springs
The race-tuned progressive rate springs soak up the small bumps as a softer spring would, but when the conditions get rough and the jumps get big, the progressive rate springs step up to the challenge by getting firmer as the suspension is compressed. The long-lasting, white powder coated finish sets the Slash VXL apart from the pack.
Metal Gear Magnum 272 Transmission
The Slash VXL's Magnum 272 transmission is assembled with all metal gear internals riding on ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings. Combined with the smooth 48-pitch gears, power is delivered to the rear wheels via durable telescoping U-joint driveshafts for maximum efficiency and articulation. The bulletproof Torque-Control slipper clutch and metal gear Magnum transmission are ready to handle any power system upgrade including the Extreme Power of the Velineon Brushless Power System.
Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks
The Slash VXL's oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to precisely change the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive rebuild kits.
Officially Licensed Race Replicas
Slash VXL is available with Race Replica bodies, each fully decorated with licensed logos and graphics for total authenticity. In addition to the no. 47 truck of Mike Jenkins, you can choose Traxxas Racing Blue, Traxxas Racing Red or Traxxas Racing White.
SLASH VXL (#58076-21) SPECS
· Length 22.36 inches (568mm)
· Front Track 11.65 inches (296mm)
· Rear Track 11.65 inches (296mm)
· Weight 90.37oz (2.562kg)
· Height (overall) 8.425 inches (214mm)
· Wheelbase 13.2 inches (335mm)
· Front Shock Length Long
· Rear Shock Length XXLong
· Front Tires Slash 2.2 (Pre-Glued with Inserts)
· Rear Tires Slash 2.2 (Pre-Glued with Inserts)
· Front Wheels 2.2" Satin or Chrome-Finish
· Rear Wheels 2.2" Satin or Chrome-Finish
· Speed Control Type VXL-3s™ Electronic Speed Control
· Motor (electric) Velineon® 3500 Brushless
· Gear Ratio (internal) 2.72 (final drive: 10.2)
· Differential Type Steel Composite Planetary
· Gear Pitch 48-Pitch
· Transmission Metal Gear Magnum 272™
· Steering Bellcrank
· Chassis Type Low-CG Modified Tub
· Chassis Material Composite Nylon
· Center Ground Clearance 3.5 inches (89mm)
· Top Speed 40+mph**
· Skill Level 1
· Radio System (transmitter) TQi™ 2.4GHz (3-channel)
· Radio System (receiver) Traxxas Stability Management (6533)
· Body Officially-Licensed Race Replicas:
· Mike Jenkins Edition (Traxxas #47)
· Traxxas Race Edition (Traxxas Blue)
· Traxxas Race Edition (Traxxas White)
· Traxxas Race Edition (Traxxas Red)
· Battery Tray Dimensions: 165mm x 49.5mm x 23mm, 25mm
· Required Batteries 4 "AA" (transmitter)