The MF-01X is a compact chassis set to revolutionize the M-Chassis genre, and the all-important first model on this platform recreates the legendary Japanese off-roader, the Suzuki Jimny. The Jimny, of course, has been on sale as one variant or another since 1970, gaining numerous fans thanks to its versatility and toughness. The JB23 depicted by this model is one of the 3rd generation Jimnys introduced in 1998 which had a modernized, rounded body design. It featured a feisty little fuel injected, turbocharged 658cc engine and was a popular car in the domestic Japanese market.
Key Design Points:
Power is transmitted from the rear mounted motor to the front wheels via a propeller shaft that runs down the side of the MF- 01X. Gearboxes are integrated into the monocoque for a sturdy and easy-to-assemble structure.
The MF-01X has a three-section make-up; changing the central spacer section enables short
(210mm), middle (225mm), and long (239mm) wheelbases. Item 58614 uses a middle wheelbase; option parts Item 54654 is needed to change to a short wheelbase, and Item 54655 when changing to a long wheelbase.
- Adjustable Gear Ratio Yes
- Bearings Plastic bushing
- Body Material Polycarbonate
- Body Stickers Included
- Chassis Material Plastic
- Chassis Type MF-01X
- Construction Type Assembly kit
- Differential Type Gear
- Drive Type 4WD
- Electronic Speed Control (esc) TBLE-02 S ESC (May be used for brushed and brushless motor applications)
- Led Light Buckets No
- Led Lights No
- Motor 540-brushed type
- Requires A 2-channel radio gear, 7.2 volt battery & charger, and Tamiya PS paint
- Scale 1/10
- Shock Damper Friction damper
- Special Feature 1 Separate parts recreate door mirrors.
- Special Feature 2 3-section frame
- Special Feature 3 Rally Block tires are included. Width/Diameter: 27/69mm
- Special Feature 4 Features a lightweight, sturdy monocoque composed of left/right halves which incorporate the gearboxes.
- Special Feature 5 Torque-tuned motor is included.
- Special Feature 6 The car model features the M wheelbase: 225mm. Change to S (210mm) or L (239mm) wheelbase by switching the spacer used in the center section, and fitting Items 54654-54655 MF-01X Propeller Shafts.
- Special Feature 7 Compatible with existing M-chassis bodies, plus Item 54643 MF-01X Ball Bearing Set.
- Suspension Fully independent double wishbone
- Terrain Use Multi-Purpose