The Castle Creations COPPERHEAD 10 PERFORMANCE ESC takes to the open road as well as it takes to no road at all. This completely new design rounds out their 1/10 scale offerings, positioned between the SIDEWINDER 4 as the entry-level upgrade and the MAMBA X as the extreme performance option. The COPPERHEAD 10 includes CRYO-DRIVE™ Technology, Sensored Motor Support and Data Logging Lite* with Castle’s signature reliability and performance.
- Input Voltage Range : 2s-4s LiPo (ESC Only)
- SMARTSENSE™, SENSORED ONLY and BRUSHED Running Modes
- Selectable 5.5V or 7.5V (6A peak) internal BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit)
- CRYO-DRIVE™ Technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs
- ESC is housed in a durable injection moulded case and potted in WATERPROOF epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- 30mm removable fan and DUAL USE FAN GUARD
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR transmitters
- AUDIBLE ALERTS for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff
- Convenient TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake
- DATA LOGGING LITE* captures and records performance data from your vehicle to maximize performance and battery life. (Battery Voltage Battery Ripple, Controller temp, Motor RPM, Motor Temp)
- SMARTSENSE™ uses the motor’s sensors at startup to provide cog-free starts, excellent torque and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, the ESC seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ultra-efficient sensorless mode
- CASTLE LINK USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase)
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK™ BLUETOOTH ADAPTER (sold separately) and Castle Link App available on Google Play or Apple App Store
Throughout its development, the Copperhead has been put to the test in all types of elements and performed as aggressively, or as stealthy, as desired. Whether on the trail dominating the gates or throwing dust on the dirt track, the Copperhead is power-hungry when you need it and oozes smooth low-end power for technical low RPM performance. If your rig is outfitted with high-power servos (or additional torque increasing modifications) there is no need to worry about brown-outs, glitching or slow actuating servos. The Copperhead provides clean and constant power with its user-selectable (through Castle Link) 5.5V or 7.5V (6A peak) internal BEC.
The ESC can be installed and calibrated (plug and play) and provide immediate fuss-free wheel time. Through the interface-free manual programming mode, using your transmitter you can set your low-voltage cutoff, brake/reverse type, brake amount, drag brake, motor type and direction. Likewise, you can employ the use of the Castle Link Programming Suite on your Windows™ PC (coupon for free USB adapter included with purchase), or wirelessly with the convenience of the new B-Link™ Bluetooth™ Adapter and Castle Link app for Android or iOS. Additional Castle Link benefits include access to all firmware updates and added features sets released from Castle Engineering (at no charge), the ability to download and analyze your collected Data Log, an Intuitive Demo Mode capability as well as the option to save setup profiles (for multiple vehicles) for later use.
For crawler setups or others that do not require an ESC cooling fan, the fan is easily removed with four screws and the fan guard with the cool COPPERHEAD logo simply clicks back into place on the top of the ESC. It keeps the COPPERHEAD 10 looking mean and provides an extra measure of protection. To further protect your investment, the COPPERHEAD emits audible alerts for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff. You’ll find a handy decal in your box that contains a reference chart for the eight alert tones, no need to Google while you’re enjoying your wheel time!
We’ve packaged the COPPERHEAD 10 with a dozen different 4-POLE 12-SLOT sensored motor options to eliminate the guesswork in finding the right brushless power upgrade for your basher, crawler, on-road vehicle, short course or monster truck. An added bonus of pairing your Copperhead with a Castle 4-Pole 12-Slot sensored motor is enabling SMARTSENSE™ TECHNOLOGY, which uses the motor’s sensors at startup to provide cog-free starts, excellent torque and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, the ESC seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ultra-efficient sensorless mode with electronic timing to advance timing automatically for peak performance in all driving conditions.
The all-new COPPERHEAD 10 PERFORMANCE 1:10 SCALE ESC is ideal for those who want sensored motor support, data logging, a 6A peak selectable internal BEC (5.5V or 7.5V) and Castle’s signature reliability and performance in the meanest looking ESC around! If you’re looking to transform your 1:10 scale stock vehicle from dull to dangerously fun COPPERHEAD can do it with its buttery smooth starts, CRYO-DRIVE enabled performance and up to 4S power in a compact, easy-to-install footprint.
What’s in the box?
- Copperhead 10 ESC with sensor harness
- Copperhead decals and Audible Alert Reference Chart
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
- Copperhead Quick Start Guide
- Sensor port dust cover
- Recommended Motors
- Castle 1406, 1410, 1412 and 1415 Series Sensored 4-Pole Brushless Motors
- Input Voltage Range
- 2s-4s (16.8V)
- Running Modes
- SMARTSENSE™, Sensored Only and Brushed motor operation
- Yes, but may be disabled for racing
- On/Off Switch
- Cooling Fan
- 30mm removable fan included, operates from start up. Purchase also includes a dual use fan guard for use without fan.
- Size with fan (L x W x H)
- 2.19″ x 1.39″ x 1.33″
- Size w/o fan
- 2.19” x 1.39” x .95”
- 70.9 g / 2.50 oz. (with fan